The Mission of Trinity Methodist Church Napier is
to demonstrate God’s unconditional love through friendship, outreach and service in the community.
Welcome to Trinity Methodist Church located by the beautiful Clive Square Gardens in central Napier, Hawke's Bay, Aotearoa-New Zealand. Built in 1876, Trinity is now the only city-centre church to pre-date the 1931 Napier earthquake.
It is a fine example of colonial wooden church architecture. The historic organ was built in 1910 by
J E Dodd (of Adelaide, Australia); its mechanical ‘tracker action’ has been retained. The church interior was remodelled in 1956, with minor alterations since.
We seek to demonstrate God’s unconditional love through friendship, outreach and service in the community. We are an inclusive faith community (irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation or culture); where faith can be explored, our spirituality nurtured, and engagement in discipleship and social service within the Napier community.
We host performances, weddings and other special events.
We are part of the Methodist Church of New Zealand.
Our listing on the Methodist Church of New Zealand website